Gillespie, Illinois
2.2K views

i purchased two zebco 733 reels one for my father and one for myself. one i bought in the late fall of 2007 and the other i bought in late december of 2007.

today april 4th 2008 we went fishing. and guess what the same thing with mine as the other guy's reels they both broke. i also have a third one do i use it or not because i to cant get nothing out of wal-mart because i don't have the receipt. i have been a long time zebco fan also but now i'm thinking twice.

i dont think zebco should think twice about making them good!!!!!!!!

Comments

If U're Pissed/Still Pissed;Be a

Gentleman & Call Zebco & Stop

Expecting Walmarts to be Up on

The Zebco Line.

I started buying fishing equipment in the 50s. Zebco made quality stuff back then.

Unfortunately my understanding is Zebco sold a number of years ago. I purchased some of their products including a couple of 733s about 7 years ago. I also purchased what was supposed to be a remake of their zebco cardinal that was originally made for them by Garcia. I have a Cardinal I bought in the late 60s or early 70s.

It still works. The new one quit snapping the bail back in a few months. I found they had cheapened the mechanism. It was not a remake, but a cheapened version.

I also bought a 33, pot metal gears shelled out after about 15 uses. Today the quality is no longer there. Recommend you go with some other brands. I am still using a Garcia Mitchell 300 and the Zebco cardinal that I subjected to about 40 years of lure fishing.

I do take care of my fishing gear. I suspect stickcity dude works for Zebco.

I bought a 733 hawg last year. the case is rusted so bad, it's almost rusted thru it.

I also don't have a receipt. I bought another on last week. I took them apart to clean them. The new one has one extra drag washer.

What the heck do I do with it because it does not fit together when I put them back in.

Why do they not put schematics in the reel box like they used to. I won't ever buy another Zebco if I have to purchase schematics after I have paid for the reel. Garcia shows you how to clean & replace all the parts that are servicable. This sucks.

I also have been buying zebco since the 60s.

I bought my first 33 at Vandivers Hardware in Hobbs, N.M. Like I said, I'll never buy another Zebco if they don't provide schematics.

i have two 733's that i use for catfishin. i use them 50-100 times a year and have for the last 8 years an aint had a problem yet.

i clean n

grease em a couple times a year. i swear by em

:cry i have 3 of them and they are a pice of shi-.can any one help me with a reel that i can use to caught cat fish with,,,this is for my wife,,i use 7000,,,

this is about the same way i feel. this 733 is about as weak as it can get.

I HAVE BOUGHT THESE REALS FOR A LONG TIME,STARTING WITH 202 TO THE NO 1 TO 33 AND AMANY OTHERS.I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS? I AM 70- YEARS OLD, LIMITD IONCOUM.

INEED HELP. CAN YOU HELE ME/ CHARLES SMITH

I HAVE 3 733 HAWGS AND NOT ONE OF THEMWORKED AFTER ABT 3 MONTHS. VERY POOR PRODUCT MUST HAVE BEEN MADE IN CHINA ON A MONDAY